The Apprentices

The Apprentices
The Apprentices. Lewis Manning, Greg Beaver, Paul Edwards, Alex Cannon, Me and Amy Kirby.

Monday 26 January 2015

The Beginning of 2015

I hope everyone has had a great start to 2015 and I’d like to wish you all the best for the year ahead.

It is really surprising how fast the time is flying. When I started my apprenticeship, I had no idea how fast it would go. Two years sounds a lot longer than it actually is! Knowing that I only have around 8 months left on my apprenticeship is unbelievable. My main focus for this year is to secure a permanent position for after my apprenticeship, as well as continuing to complete my IOC exams.

Speaking of my exam, I spoke about studying for my first exam. I have since sat the exam, just before Christmas, and honestly felt that I'd done everything I could to fully prepare myself for it. The exam was an Introduction to Securities and Investments. It gives me great pleasure, as well as relief, to inform you that I passed! I was so happy. After the exam, I had a short break from studying while I enjoyed my festive period. The break was short lived as before I knew it, I had the books to my second exam and I am currently working through the material.

The other apprentices and I are scheduled to visit the London office in early February. I have liaised closely with colleagues in the London office to organise the visit. The aim was to gain a better insight into the departments that are only based in London. The apprentices and I had drawn up a plan for what we'd like to do when we were in London. Some ideas included meeting with the RIM Management Committee as well as fund managers and financial advisors, as well as visiting the RUTM and marketing departments.
When we had outlined an agenda, I then went back and forth with HR and a company secretary to arrange a plan and overcoming setbacks. When in London, we will also get an opportunity to have a guided tour of the city, which is an opportunity that doesn't arise every day!


I will give you another update to tell you how it went after we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment